Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Gyroscopically Stabilized Robot: Balance and Tracking

(http://arxiv.org/abs/cs/0412050)
There's a fun experience (that I hope everyone who might be reading this has had at one time or another) - you think of a good idea, and then you realize "That's a really good idea! Someone else must have thought of it first!", and then you go to google and type in keywords related to your good idea, and there it is! Someone else has thought of your idea, and developed it, and published it, and now you can read all about it, without doing the work.

Gyrover was such an experience for me, in 2000. Reading this paper (which I really don't understand - I just think the premise of the robot is cool.)

Possibly the model of Gyrover's dynamics in this paper (and the 1996 paper by Xu, which is the one I read when I first thought of it) is sufficient to write a reasonable computer game.

I recommend Gyrover's premise, and I have no idea whether the nonholonomic control research is useful or interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home